Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bird Banter Archive

Barb Gorges with Cheyenne Audubon has recently begun archiving all of the Bird Banter articles she has written over the years. I've just added her blog to our list of favorites on the right hand side of our site.

--
Dear Wyobirders,

               I've decided to archive my Bird Banter columns at
www.CheyenneBirdBanter.wordpress.com, in a blog format.

My columns are archived somewhat through the WTE website, and newer ones are
in the Wyobirds archives, but this way I (and you) can use the blog's Search
function to find out when I last mentioned a bird species, or researched a
topic. And the information is also available to the public and isn't just
deteriorating in my file drawer of clippings.

               After 15 years, there are over 200 columns and as it takes
some time to format them, I've decided to aim to post them in groups, by
month, since bird topics are somewhat seasonal. I just finished posting all
the February columns, 1999-2014 (though there will be another one to post
next week).

               I will continue to send Bird Banter to Wyobirds whenever a
column gets published. But you can also go the blog and sign up to get an
email from WordPress whenever a new one is posted. Or you can pass the
information on to your friends if they would like to subscribe to the blog.

               Be warned that for the next 11 months, I will be averaging
20 posts a month (there were a few years when Bird Banter appeared every two
weeks), so if you sign up for the automatic email, you are going to see all
of those old columns. However columns prior to 2014 will have an update
statement at the top. The last 15 years have been a terrific revolution in
how we contact people and get information. Plus, bird names have changed,
and so have some bird issues.

               As always, I look forward to your comments and replies,
whether you post them at the blog or reply to my emails.

Thanks,

Barb

P.S. My garden columns are archived at
www.CheyenneGardenGossip.wordpress.com. There were only two years'
worth so I was able to post all of them in January and now there will be
only one a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment